We hear from the landlords of The Leopard Pub, a festival director, chef and owner of Mac and Bone, Snugburys, a local butcher, and a festival sponsor.
On this weeks show…
- Kate Dobson from Nantwich Museum is speaking to Dave about the Museums @ Home event
- Chris Cadman poses listener legal questions to Paul Clark from the South Cheshire Law Society
- Helen Capener is fundraising £120k to help her son Georgy receive treatment for a very rare bone cancer called Ewing’s Sarcoma.
On this week’s show
- Local residents Kimberly Smith and her 10-year-old daughter Millie are having their hair cut for The Little Princess Trust…
- Miss Darlington’s jams is a Crewe based jam, preserve and chutney maker that has been around since the ’80s, Des and Dave speak to Sarah Darlington, daughter of the company’s founder Marion, and now a key player in the business…
- We look at a couple of the local news stories from the week…
- And we get an update from The Nantwich Food Festival about this year’s postponement and ‘the lockdown awards’
- For more information on next year’s festival, and the lockdown awards, visit www.nantwichfoodfestival.co.uk
Welcome to In Case You Missed it for July 19th 2020
Coming up on this weeks show…
- We hear from Simon Dyson, the principal of Highfields Academy – he spoke to Chris Cadman earlier this week about this impact of COVID on the school and how they responded
- Clare Hayward MBE, the Chair of Cheshire and Warrington Local Enterprise Partnership talks about ‘the getting students online’ campaign
- And our very own dave foulkes talks to Sandra Link – a Trustee at Chance Changing Lives – They talk about how the organisation is working during COVID-19 and Sandra’s nomination for an Amazing Women Award You can vote for Sandra at https://www.womanandhome.com/amazing-women-awards/ – Voting closes on the 31st July
In the news…
Treasure trove of unclaimed memories uncovered in former Crewe town centre chemist – Full story here: https://crewe.nantwich.news/2020/07/treasure-trove-of-unclaimed-memories.html
If you’d like to share your thoughts about anything we feature or talk about on the show, whether you’re listening live, or listening back to the podcast on thisisthecat.com – email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll pick up your message.